192 nci Filo
Tiger Unit Data
192 Squadron was established in 1948 as 102 Fighter Bombing Squadron at Balikesir, Turkey, operating then the P-47 Thunderbolt. They adopted the Tiger in their patch in 1950. In 1952 the Squadron was named 192 Squadron and receives the F-84. Between 1952 and 1970 they fly the F-84 F/G and the RF-84 F Thunderstreak, in Attack and Reconnaissance missions. The RF-5 were flown between 1970 and 1975.
On September 1976 they converted to the F-104, with the mission of defending the Turkish air space. They get more responsibilities, between 1984 and 1988, when they become one of the "All Weather" Squadrons assigned to NATO.
On March 1993 40 F-16 C/D arrived at Balikesir, and the squadron gets Air-to-Ground added to their mission.
192 Squadron became a member of NATO Tiger Society in 1980, and has organized and hosted a Mini-Tiger Meet in 1995 in Balikesir.
In 1994 and 1997 this Squadron was deployed to Italy to take part in the peacekeeping operations over Bosnia.